Intellectual property represents the property of your mind or intellect. In business terms, this also means your proprietary knowledge (or “know-how”).
Intellectual property includes:
- Patents for new or improved products or processes;
- Trade marks for letters, words, phrases, sounds, smells, shapes, logos, pictures, aspects of packaging or a combination of these, to distinguish the goods and services of one trader from those of another;
- Designs for the shape or appearance of manufactured goods;
- Copyright for original material in literary, artistic, dramatic or musical works, films, broadcasts, multimedia and computer programs;
- Confidentiality/ trade secrets including know-how and other confidential or proprietary information.
We can assist in all matters of Intellectual property, including registration, searches and ownership disputes.